Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Michelle vs. Hillary NON-Controversy

This past week, I watched the MSM media completely fall over themselves to distort a PORTION of a stump speech that has been given by Michelle Obama for quite awhile. Taking the lead from the likes of the DRUDGE report, they took a portion of what Mrs. Obama said, and turned it into a ' Is Michelle Obama Attacking Hillary Clinton?' story.

Here are the EXACT WORDS of Mrs. Obama: (hat tip: Think on These Things)

That one of the most important things that we need to know about the next President of the United States is, is he somebody that shares our values? Is he somebody that respects family? Is a good and decent person? So our view was that, if you can’’t run your own house, you certainly can’t run the White House. So, so we’ve adjusted our schedules to make sure that our girls are first, so while he’s traveling around, I do day trips. That means I get up in the morning, I get the girls ready, I get them off, I go and do trips, I’m home before bedtime. So the girls know that I was gone somewhere, but they don’t care. They just know that I was at home to tuck them in at night, and it keeps them grounded, and, and children, the children in our country have to know that they come first. And our girls do and that's why we're doing this. We're in this race for not just our children, but all of our children.


Now, isn't it convenient that so much of the MSM CHOSE to drop the remarks in bold. For those marks explain right away what Mrs. Obama's frame of reference is, and who she's talking about - HER AND BARACK OBAMA. With those remarks in bold, not much of a 'controversy' is it?

I was in one of the audiences that heard that speech, and the Clintons never came into mind for me.

This was some of the most pathetic, lazy ass ' journalism' that I've seen in awhile. I swear, Tucker Carlson was foaming at the mouth, trying to make a conservative turn this into a story. When Kate O'Beirne from National Review didn't agree with him that this was an attack on Hillary Clinton on one day, he ditched her, and brought it back again the next day with another conservative.

Related stories:

Fox & Friends on Michelle Obama's comments: "The Claws Come Out"

MSNBC Exposes CNN’s Tabloid Journalism on Michelle Obama

NY Times, Chicago Sun-Times reports left out key part of quote to suggest Michelle Obama was on the attack

No comments: